Club Meeting 6/30/15
Posted By Jake Fowler
Call to order: Our meeting was called to order by Past President Tom Hassur
A moment of inspiration was provided by Tom Holmes-quote from Ghandi
Greeter: Leslie Lewis
Raffle Tickets: Dave Koch
Song by Bev Graham-God Bless America
Scribe: Anna Smith
Guests of Rotarians – Michael Ragsdale’s wife Barbara, the Hassur Family: Brenda, Megan & Beck
Announcements/Club news and activities:
– A lot is in the future of our club, including upcoming debunking of President Glenda, scheduled for July 25th.
– Tom Boylan brought a signup sheet to ride the bus to the debunking, Raley’s and the PG&E lot on River Rd. are the pickup spots, so join in on the fun on the “party bus”!! $10 per person.
- 1st pickup, Raley’s 3:00, PG&E 3:25,
- Ride back, 6:30, 8:30 & 10:30
-Campfire Chat with Marc Elin-Saturday, June 27th, at Riverfront Park was a great success! Slide show of everyone that attended, looks like it was a lot of fun!
-Next week will be Marc Elin’s 1st official meeting!
Recognition: Rotarian of the Month: last week-Bill Bolster!
Birthdays: none acknowledged
- Marie & Floyd Coakley, July 3rd– 60 Years!! Instead of a party, they have asked to have their house painted by their family! Wow, Congrats to you both!
- John Hackenburg, July 1st– 1 year anniversary of being a Windsor Rotarian! Congrats!
- Tom Boylan’s new addition, a rescue dog named “Darby”
Raffle: President Tom made sure we had an opportunity to gain a new bank balance with our raffle drawing. Pot of $219 !! Susan Cole wasn’t able to roll it to win! On to next week!
–Jack Hyde told us all about the great business of the Margarita Booth, we raised $1400! Way to go team!!
-Speaker, no, but our incoming President Marc Elin talked about the Leadership meeting that was held on Sat. Morn with a great turn out of new members, and seasoned ones also. Discussion of what businesses need, should we run Rotary like a business? Who we are, What we do.
-Introduced the concept: CATS: Club Activity & Task Sheets
-Also, Creating Meaningful Meetings, Workshop on Interesting People, “Discussion on ideas for meetings-speakers/topics. Who do you want to hear from? Ideas from our members! Everyone gave great ideas of people/businesses that they would like to hear about-possible speakers.
Our weekly inspiration from President Tom: “Success is not defined by whether or not you crossed the finish line, but if you enjoyed the ride!”