The Rotary Club of Windsor has a major fundraiser each year to raise funds for our Windsor Rotary Community Foundation. In additon, we raise funds with various fundraising activities throughout the year. We make grants available for projects that benefit our community. We generally identify a major beneficiary or beneficiaries of our Windsor Rotary Community Foundation in the fall of each year.
The deadline to receive completed applications for the 2022 spring fundraiser was Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
However, if your organization has a project that you would like us to consider on an ongoing basis, we encourage you to apply for consideration at any time, and these applications will be kept on file.
The Grant Application Form is in Word format so it can be opened and completed on your computer. Once completed, the application should be sent to Rotary at the email address listed on the form. As an alternative, you may print the application as a hardcopy, complete it manually, and mail it to us at: Windsor Rotary Community Foundation, PO Box 2295, Windsor CA 95492.
Please make your application submittal package as complete and compelling as possible. Any applicant who has submitted a package for consideration in the past is free to update and resubmit the same package for consideration. The Rotary Service Committee will determine which applicants will be selected to for consideration on an ongoing basis.
For your information, here is the Timeline used in 2021 for the 2022 year.
2021 Grant Application Process Timeline and Milestones:
- Application distribution begins: September 8th, 2021
- Applications must be completed and submitted: October 12th, 2021
- Selected Applicants will be invited to make a brief oral presentation about their projects before the Club’s Community Service Committee (may be in-person or via Zoom): November 3rd to November 10th
- Evaluation and selection process by Rotary: November 11th to November 15th
- Project selection will be announced: November 17th
Project Evaluation Criteria:
- Targeted Groups: Youth, seniors, public services, social services
- Funding Target: Projects should fulfill an economic need that is not otherwise adequately funded. An emphasis is placed on tangible, physical projects.
- Target Area: The greater Windsor community
- Funding Amount Available: Historically, Windsor Rotary has had the capability to award funds for projects within a range of about $10,000 to $30,000 per year. Grants for projects selected in this current application process are expected to be available in May 2022.
- Recognition: It is preferred that the project offer opportunities for public recognition of Windsor Rotary.
- Participation: The project may (but is not required to) offer opportunities for hands-on participation by Windsor Rotarians.
If you have questions about the application/application process or need more information, please contact Sue Nelson (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Text: 707-326-0183) or Susan Cole (Email email@example.com or Text: 707-799-3670).
Please feel free to forward this information to others you feel might want to apply for this grant.
The Mission of Windsor Rotary
The mission of the Rotary Club of Windsor is to serve our community and the world. We strive to better communicate with our members and with the community to inspire and mobilize both our local and global community in health, education, and peace to create transformative change.
Rotary Club of Windsor
P.O. Box 819
Windsor, CA 95492