How to Add an Icon for DACdb Mobile on your Device
** You should read these instructions on your PC or tablet while you try to do it on your phone.
DACdb Mobile is not an “app” – it’s a website just like the main version of DACdb – except it has been optimized to work on mobile devices. If you want to put an icon/shortcut to the DACdb Mobile website on your smartphone…
iOS – iPhone, iPad
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to m.dacdb.com
- Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen. (If you don’t see the action, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit Actions, then tap Add next to the Add to Home Screen action. After that, you’ll be able to select it from the Share Sheet.)
- Type a name for your site link. This will be the title that appears beneath its icon on your Home screen.
- Tap Add in the top-right corner of the screen.
The shortcut is now on your home screen.
To use a different icon in iOS:
(This is from https://support.apple.com/guide/shortcuts/modify-shortcut-icons-apd5ad5a2128/ios )
- Install the Shortcuts App from App Store (2nd in the list – says “Do more with your apps.”
- In My Shortcuts in the Shortcuts app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap on the shortcut you want to modify.
- Tap the Icon next to the shortcut name, then do any of the following:
- Change the shortcut’s color: Tap Color, then tap a color swatch.
- Change the shortcut’s glyph (icon): Tap Glyph, tap a category at the bottom of the screen (Objects, People, and so on), then tap an icon.
- For information on the Home Screen options, see Add a shortcut to the Home Screen on iPhone or iPad.
- To save your changes, tap Done.
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to m.dacdb.com
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of Chrome
- Tap Add to Home screen in the dropdown menu options.
- A popup window will appear where you may edit the shortcut title (if needed). This is the text that will appear under your shortcut’s icon on the Home screen of your device. You may give it a name like “DACdb Mobile.”
- Tap Add.
The shortcut is now on your Home screen.