Tuesday, March 21, 2023
DGE Tom Boylan
A. Good morning Rotary Club of Windsor by President Brian Ling
B. Pledge of Allegiance led by Bill Bolster
C. Inspiration presented by Doug Williams
D. Song led by JB and Stephan - Irish Eyes
E. Visiting Rotarians-
F. Guest: Domingo and Stephan
G. Upcoming Events and Announcements
- The Green Hair event in Healdsburg raised $39,000. For the fight against polio. Great picture Bill.
- The club anniversary celebration is March 25. The theme is The Great Gatsby. Please RSVP asap to Joan.
- The District Assembly is April 1. Everyone should have received an email invite.
- Windsor High School needs Volunteers for Senior Project Night PLEASE SIGN UP TO BE A PANELIST FOR OUR SENIOR PROJECT PRESENTATIONS, 4/19/23 @5:30pm
- The Scholarship Committee has received 15 applications.
- RYE Golf Tournament at WGC Saturday April 22 . This is a fund raiser for the Sonoma County Rotary Foreign Exchange Student Program
- SCARC Annual Crab Feed in Cloverdale April 23. This is a Fundraiser for the Cloverdale High School Interact Club (Rotary youth
- The District Conference is May 5-7
- Sue gave an update complete with pictures on prior foreign exchange students: Simone from Italy is engaged; Claire from France just had her second baby; Nick from Australia was recently in Washington State for business.
- H. Recognitions: Stefan gave a brief presentation about his trip to Texas and being named a SXSW EDU Champion.
J. Guest Presentation: our own Tom Boylan, District Governor Elect and past President told us about the journey that he has taken in Rotary to become a DG. He provided some fun visuals from the many years of working with DGs and a little info on what the past three years have meant to him taking on the role. He ended it with a brief introduction to how impactful the International Assembly has been. He did not go deep into his vision for the DG year -- you'll have to attend during his club visit in July or so to hear all that.
K. Thank you to our guest and volunteers :
Set/up : Larry and Brian
Song: JB and Stephan
Guests: : Domingo and Stephan
K. Closing Comments and Adjourn:
Cheers to our clubs past District Governors: Mike Merrill, Maureen Merrill, Michael Juric, and Ken Moulton